Friday, April 29, 2011

There are still good companies out there!

A couple of years ago we bought a Bunn Coffee Maker and we LOVE it.  Unfortunately, a couple of months ago it started dripping water from the machine while brewing.  We lived with it for a while until it began pouring hot water out the back during the brew cycle.  I searched online and found a few custom fixes, but I wasn't sure if I should try them since it says it has a "limited" 3 year warranty. 

So, I went to their website and emailed them about the problem and I got a response...From someone in the United States!! In Illinois to be exact.  They said sorry that it was leaking and sent us a replacement unit since it wasn't yet 3 years old.  Wow!  Some companies do still have good customer service, by people in the US...and guess where the unit is made.  In the US...that's right!  Not China!  They didn't question me, or put me through a litany of tests and checks...they just said sorry, and replaced it. 

So, don't lose faith that some companies are not selling out, and yes you can pay a premium as their products aren't exactly cheap, but I'd rather have quality US-made products any day.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...