Monday, October 3, 2011

Open my eyes, Lord

"Lord, I want to see."
-Luke 18:41

"Every moment I live, I live bowed to something.  And if I don't see God, I'll bow down to something else."  

It's been awhile since I have actually sat down to type out the blessings that God has sent our way, but we have still been counting our way to 1000 (and more!).  Actually, our first journal became full and we had to start another one!  To see, to hold, and to touch the full journal (counting to over 600 gifts) is truly humbling.  We have a God that is ever-present, ever-loving, ever-living!  How amazing!

As the above verse and quote hint towards, we are always turning our minds and hearts to something.  For me, I want to be aware of God in my minutes, hours, and days.  Lord, I want to see!  And, realizing that as our minds are constantly buzzing about something, how wonderful it would be if we could constantly buzz about Him and have Him on the forefront of our mind.  This is my goal - I'm working on it, and with His help, I am coming to realize that "all is grace"!  

Thanks be to God for these and and all graces received...

#648 - one-on-one time with Ariel today (well, almost, Pookey was with too!)
#650 - the rare quiet moments throughout our days
#654 - the unspoken peace of being around those who are like-minded in faith and virtue
#658 - brothers who haven't seen each other in 4 days who haven't left each others side, and had to sit right next to each other on the way home.  Then, they had some brother bonding time and built a Brothers of St John camp out of lego's to remember Fone's retreat there.
#659 - for my father-in-law on his birthday and getting to visit him to treat him to cookie cake, ice cream and a birthday song
#661 - Ariel being so cute and sweet during her ultrasound and x-rays on her tummy
#663 - Melody's cute hairstyles that she does all on her own



#665 - a nice, long walk/bike ride with Neil, the kids and our furry family members
#669- a quiet library to pray and study in
#672 - extra snuggles with Max, Pookey and my sweet niece at bedtime
#677 - a lie that blossomed into fruitful discussion and honest communication
#683 - flowers picked for me
#684 - a flower built for me

#686 - girls who like bugs

 #692 - tears of love from kids who miss their mommy and daddy while away at WYD
#695 - actually sitting down to eat lunch
#699 - having fun singing
#701 - galactic ooze

#704 - sweatshirts and pants in August
#708 - fun, last-minute plans to go swimming in my sister's new pool
#712 - Neil singing to the boys at bedtime and making them giggle
#713 - fenced in backyard
#724 - naps for kids who need to rest = much needed peace for mommy
#728 - celebrating the Assumption of Mary and our dependance on her to bring Salvation into the world
#732 - our scarecrow walk at night with my mom as our guide
#734 - comics for Fone
#737 - bubble beards
#740 - Lego club for the 3 big kids
#744 - paying it forward
#748 - Pookey's giddy squeal and dimple smile
#749 - Max saying "I'm going to miss my buddy, Mario" when Mario left for the afternoon to play at a friends
#750 - peanut butter cookies from my friend, Allison
#755 - fun and games at the Ice Cream Social/Ministry Fair at our church





#762 - sweet neighbor boys for my kids to play with
#772- friendships centered on Christ brought together by Cursillo
#778 - a husband who is faithful and loving to his children and wife
#783 - service and work and cleaning to offer up as prayer
#786 - triple striped JELLO jigglers that always seem to disappear at parties
#791 - Mario's whistling
#793- Melody's cute freckles
#795 - Fone's creativity shown in planning and leading his own birthday party
#806 - our first butterfly of the year
#807 - the cutest itty-bitty cucumbers I've ever seen
#808 - Max being such a trooper after labs had to be ran twice since the first set of blood had clotted
#812 - Pookey's toothy grin
#814 - 6 beautiful and healthy children
#819 - feathers for our hair (and friends who share with us the latest fads!)
#821 - fun at the Fall Festival

#823 - quiet, peaceful moments where God is reassuring me that I am at the center of His will
#826 - siblings who are friends
#832 - God calling 4 of the ladies (including me!) from our prayer group to serve on an upcoming TEC team
#837 - wonderful first gathering of Little Flowers
#841 - green stickers
#843 - Fone coming down from his top bunk to sleep with Mario, who was afraid of a spider
#848 - balloons, face painting, trophies, medals, food, and loads of FUN at the John Deere 5K race





  

#849 - love letters from Melody
#851 - my husband who tries to sew/mend
#855 - a new house for my sister and her family and a house blessing







#859 - remaining open to life and trusting in God's plan despite scary risks
#862 - letting all 6 kids play outside in the dark

#863 - knee highs
#867 - wonderful sharing @ group tonight, continual growth and deepening friendships
#868 - pretty gift baskets for two families in need
#870 - shiny apples from Stones Apple Orchard


#872 - fun field trip to the Grist Mill



#875 - 4 sisters shopping trip (and a niece)


#876 - Pookey's first nature hike
#877- Pookey crawling and log-rolling down a big hill
#878 - wonderful family field trip to the Community of St John = a piece of heaven on earth!!!
#879 - fresh, homemade pop from our SodaStream pop maker

and counting....





Won't you join me in opening your eyes up even more to the gifts that the Lord brings to us every day and counting your way to 1000 Gifts?  You can link up here....

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...