Sunday, August 18, 2013

9 years ago...


 
God knew we needed another female in this house, so he sent us our first daughter.  He knew I needed her. 



But, he also knew that her daddy needed her... when Neil and I were dating in high school, he was terrified of having daughters of his own someday seeing the way my 3 sisters and I interacted with each other at our "worst" moments.  He even said, may I quote, "I don't ever want to have any daughters".  But goodness me, when this little girl came into our life, he forgot about all those teen girl memories that my sisters and I scarred him with.  My man now had a second girl in his life, and he loved her to pieces!


This little girl is not so little any more.  At 9 years old, I am amazed at how mature and responsible she can be.  She is the "other mother" to baby Rose, and is always so cool and collected when she blurps or cries or gets fussy.  She loves on her, feeds her, plays with her, reads to her, puts her to sleep, and on and on. Melody loves to sing and read and cook and help tidy/clean (she has a little of her mother in her!).  She is our sweet princess, God Girl, and shows us Jesus every day!!  How proud we are of her!  We love her more each day and thank God for the blessing she is to each of us.






Loving God, you created all the people of the world and you know each of us by name. We thank you for Melody, who today celebrates her birthday. Bless her with your love and friendship that she may grow in wisdom, knowledge, and grace. May she  love her family always and be faithful to her friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...