Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Marian Consecration Day

http://33daystomorningglory.com/

Tonight was the celebration and Mass for our Marian consecration, on the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes.  I have been preparing myself the last 6 weeks using the 33 Days to Morning Glory study, digging into the wisdom of some amazing Marian spiritual giants...  St Loius de Montford, St Maximilian Kolbe, Blessed Mother Teresa, and Blessed John Paul II.  What a wonderful study and journey it has been!!  I have prayed to Mary and taken her into my heart and our little domestic church quite some time ago, but it was really nice to make my devotion to her and consecration "official".  I couldn't ask for a better person to bring me closer to Jesus - His own mother!! 

Three prayers I took to heart and will keep with me forever....

what is the arrow on my white board pointing to, you may ask?  a beautiful picture of Mary, of course....


How blessed I was to celebrate and consecrate myself to Mary with all of these wonderful people....


And a sweet, talented momma made these cakes - an Immaculate Heart of Mary cake and a Sacred Heart of Jesus cake.  Aren't they beautiful????


 (Thanks, Stephanie, for making these for us!  Super special!!  How sweet of you!)


++O Mary, conceived without sin, 
pray for us who have recourse to thee.++


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...