Thursday, September 25, 2014

An interview with Christ **my responses**


I am a little late jumping in on this one, but "better late than never", eh?

Dr. Taylor Marshall's podcast and website were introduced to me by my wonderful hubby sometime last year.  He is so easy to relate to and really speaks to me - maybe it's the fact that him and his wife both have seven kids like us, or maybe it's because he is so down-to-earth?  Either way, you gotta give his pod casts a try and read his website too!  You will be encouraged to become a better person striving to live your life for Christ even more!!  

This post was from a couple weeks ago and many of the answers just jumped out at me and I wanted to share to remember them for myself, to give YOU an opportunity to think about them and pray and share (in comments or a similar blog post), and also for me to revisit these questions at a later date and re-do.  

So here goes.....

"It’s a spiritual interview. It’s a 5 minute check up. Here are the questions that Christ might ask you:
  1. What’s your favorite spiritual book?
  2. Show me one of your spiritual projects? Did you get it going?
  3. Who is your spiritual mentor in life right now? (You have one right now even if you haven’t deliberately chosen one)
  4. What’s the #1 question you have for me? (that is, a question that you have for Christ)
  5. What’s the #1 problem that you need to me (Christ) to solve right at this moment?
  6. What’s the #1 thing that makes you unhappy about being my disciple and friend?
  7. What’s the #1 thing in your life that you want to hide from me?
  8. What is your reaction to me? (example answers: hug, genuflect, high five, roll eyes, turn away, cross arms, cry on my neck)"
My responses....

#1-  the best soul food ever - His Word, the Bible....  Love feeding myself daily with the daily Mass readings and reflections on my Laudete app.  Other spiritual books that stand out immediately....  Always 1000 Gifts, Fr Michael Gaitley's books 33 Days to Morning Glory and Consoling the Heart of Jesus, and my two daily devotionals Small Steps and Catholic Mom's Cafe.  

#2- my biggest and most spiritual "projects" are forming, loving and nurturing the hearts and souls of my young'uns.  They are where almost all my time and energy is spent.  Did I get it started?  It was Him who planned and began these projects but it took mine (and Neil's) "yes", openness, trust and faith to do so and perseverance to continue on with this divine assigned project.  

#3-  no doubt - my hubby!  He is the one with that most difficult job - to get me to my heavenly home.  So I need to call on him to love and advise me best to get me there, and trust in the sacramental graces of Holy Matrimony.  I also meet with my Cursillo prayer group weekly and these ladies not only listen, pray with and for me, but they also help guide me in my faith when needed as well.  

#4-  what can I better do to love and serve you?  

#5-  this is a hard one for me!!  Why????!!!!  Isn't this equivalent to "praying for yourself", which has been a process and growth in itself.  
For me----> safe pregnancy and delivery of our lil guy.  
For others----> that my husband and children can follow and love and serve Christ and be all whom He calls them to.  

#6-  being judged/persecuted 

#7-  I can't, even if I wanted to and tried. Everything I do and say and think is seen by You, so I better be on my best behavior, eh?  

#8-  either running up to You and jumping in your arms -or- falling on my knees and You coming to pick me up??  I can only imagine.... 


love, Love, LOVE these questions and opportunity for prayer and reflection!!!

Thank you, Taylor Marshall, for the idea!   This was THE best quiz I have taken on the internet ever!  I can see the value in doing this again every few months and I am planning on typing it out and printing for my own kids for our homeschool.  


++Thank you, God, for always being so present and alive in my life and drawing me ever closer to You!!!!++

1 comment:

  1. What’s your favorite spiritual book?

    33 Days to Morning Glory, Magnificat Magazine

    Show me one of your spiritual projects? Did you get it going?

    Teaching CCD and Confirmation. Yes, but it's a trial and error process. Hope that I'm getting better though.

    Who is your spiritual mentor in life right now? (You have one right now even if you haven’t deliberately chosen one)

    My dearest friend Katie!!!!!

    What’s the #1 question you have for me? (that is, a question that you have for Christ)

    Will you let me in......please?

    What’s the #1 problem that you need to me (Christ) to solve right at this moment?

    A little personal. But You know what I'm struggling with Jesus!

    What’s the #1 thing that makes you unhappy about being my disciple and friend?

    Being your disciple is hard! I don't want to be singing 'I'll do it my way in Hell' though!!!

    What’s the #1 thing in your life that you want to hide from me?

    My doubt. Sometimes Satan creeps up on me and tries to infiltrate my thought process!

    What is your reaction to me? (example answers: hug, genuflect, high five, roll eyes, turn away, cross arms, cry on my neck)"

    Awe! I'll probably be speechless and stunned. I'll so need a hug though. A big bear tight one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...