Saturday, September 7, 2013

A fitting way to celebrate a feast day...

The Daily Prayer of Mother Teresa
Dear Jesus, help me to spread Thy fragrance everywhere I go. Flood my soul with Thy spirit and love. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of Thine. Shine through me and be so in me that every soul I come in contact with may feel Thy presence in my soul. Let them look up and see no longer me but only Jesus. Stay with me and then I shall begin to shine as you shine, so to shine as to be a light to others. Amen.


This past Thursday was the feast of Blessed Teresa of Calcutta and we thought it would be very fitting to take a half-day off school and visit one of our favorite people in the nursing home.... my Grandma!!  And it so happened to be on a BINGO day, so my kids were thrilled, and so was Grandma to have a "few" extra guests.  With my Grandpa being gone a year now, it is even more important to make these visits because he is not around to keep her company, and she is very lonely and often confused with him not there.  It's such a blessing to be able to spend that time with her and that my children are able to know and spend this special time with their Great-Grandma.  We had lots of BINGO's, pop, candy bars, stuffed animals, but the best part of it all was the smile on Grandma's face the whole time.  What a JOY it is to be with her and to see her full of JOY! 
Blessed Teresa would visit the sick and poor, and very clearly was showing Jesus' love to them.... but she would say in return how Jesus shined through each of them.  How true it is for us when we visit Grandma...  I know it makes *her* day when we show up to visit, but the love and face of Jesus shines right back to us through her!! 

"As you did to one of the least of these my brethren, 
you did it to me" (Mt 25: 40)

++Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, pray for us++


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...