Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Worthless Wednesday??

Do you ever have a day where you feel worthless?  Like you accomplished nothing?  Made no real impact on anyone else's day.  Disappointment around every corner.  Yeah, today was one of those days for me.

**Late start to my day, since Pookey was up coughing all night long.  Third day of fever and croup for him.  Both Rose and Yoda had to be checked often throughout the night to make sure their fevers weren't getting too high.  Not to mention the rain and storms all night.  This momma lays in bed, while her hero husband gets up regardless to go work for the family.  Just call me a lazy-bum, taking full advantage of the flexibility of being a stay-at-home mom and all plans being canceled today from having sick kids.




**We didn't even go anywhere today.  Didn't even leave the house.  

**Didn't get anything done.

**Dust bunnies are taking over multiple flat surfaces around the house.


**Ceiling fans are also covered in dust and needing a good cleaning.  But, thankfully, I learned you can mask this by keeping your fans on.  Shhhh - don't tell anyone my secret.



**No home-cooked meals.

**Canceled activities and sad kiddos because of it.

These items left undone and the let down can really weigh on you.  I can hear that voice, "you are worthless".  "You have so much to do, and didn't get one thing done"  "What a failure of a day"

SNAP OUT OF IT!

BEGONE SATAN!

MASTER OF LIES, GET, GET, GET!

PRAY AND LEAN ON OUR LORD!

++Lord, I need you.  I know you planned this day.  Your grace and your presence is here.  Somewhere.  Help me find it.  Help me see You++


"Prayer is the place of refuge for every worry, a foundation of cheerfulness, a source of constant happiness, a protection against sadness"
~St. John Crysostom


I did what I was supposed to today.  I tried my best.

**I loved my kids.

**Took care of sick ones.  Took temps.  Gave meds.  The great Ibuprofen and Tylenol rotation.

**Fed kids two meals and cleaned after them.  Granted they were not home-cooked meals.  I just warmed up pizza from the night before.  But the tables got wiped, and dishes got rinsed.  

**I showered.  Four kids got showered, even though they are the ones who can shower themselves.

**I brushed my teeth.  Yes, this is a HUGE thing!!  

**Let my kids get the rest they needed.  TV may burn out by the end of the day.  Only got a break when we were eating meals.  I did introduce the kids to Cupcake Wars and we watched and enjoyed multiple episodes.  Now we are joking about how hungry we are for cupcakes!!  (cupcake delivery anyone??)

**I kicked up my feet and took a nap with little Yoda.  Ahhh, the pure sweetness of that resting time and baby lovin's.  

**Believe it or not, I did do two loads of laundry.  

**The house remained tidy and neat.  Mostly because we were all glued to the tv - lol!

**Got today's blog post up for a blog that I help run.  (Go read it!!  These mom authors are awesome and so very inspirational!!)


So, was today a worthless day?  Should we just fast-forward and skip to tomorrow?  No way.  We are called to live in the moment.  Not wish your worthless day away.  Embrace the suffering and all that doesn't go your way.  Turn the disappointments into prayer.  Look for joy.  Find joy.  Create joy.

"I cannot be downcast, since in everything that happens to me, I see the loving hand of Jesus"
~St. Therese of Lisieux


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...