Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fall Grave Blanket

My grandfather on my mother's side passed away a week ago today, and tonight we went out and put a very simple grave blanket over his grave.  My mother is always coming up with the most creative things, and because her dad was a farmer it was a given that she was going to use corn fodder to cover the grave since there would be no grass until next Spring. 

Here are a couple pictures of cutting of the corn fodder and laying it tonight. 
(pics were taken from my phone, so I apologize they are not top quality).



In searching for grave blankets online, I found this link for winter grave blankets.  Winter will be here shortly so maybe this is what we'll do next. 

We knew this would be another wonderful way we could honor my grandfather! 


1 comment:

  1. What a blessing that he was able to see his children's children's children! May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...