Friday, June 10, 2011

A wish for a "backwards" kind of day...

Today (only for a little while longer) is one of those fun, 5 Minute Friday's where I get to read a simple prompt and write on it and not worry one bit if it is perfectly right or not. 

Today's prompt is....  backwards.

Ready.

Set.

Go.

Ever have a day when you wish you could just rewind and go backwards in time?  Uhhh, this is like every day for me.... 

Why did I just say that?  Why did I not keep quiet and think before I speak?  Words can be so hurtful, especially when a momma takes out her own stresses on an innocent child by being short or sharp with them.  Sometimes, the rewind button, going backwards and redoing would be great.

We do lots of re-do's in our house.  These are geared for our kids to give them a second chance when they have made the wrong choice, not only because I want to correct bad behavior, but most importantly because I want to allow the heart to be right even more.  Re-do's allow for a second chance at fixing a wrong.  Mercy!  
Although I don't have the rewind button for my own life, I do have the opportunity to go backwards, to rewind, to re-do.  First it starts with an apology and asking for forgiveness, if I can get over my pride (that's the hard part!).  Second, it involves restitution for the wrong, trying to make the wrong choice right this time.

Lord, forgive me when I screw up.  Help me walk backwards and go back to the wrong and make it right.  Have mercy on me as I know I will fall and fail time and time again.

Stop!!  Ding!  Times up!

Not that you have time to join in (because Friday is almost gone), but go on over to this site and view many other responses to 5 Minute Fridays....

2 comments:

  1. Yes, sometimes we have to walk backwards to go forwards. =^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love do-overs! I tend to rethink every conversation/encounter I have and many times would like to do or say something a little differently. This is a great post - thanks for encouraging me to walk backwards & fix what I can. Isn't His mercy such a precious thing :)

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...