Monday, June 25, 2012

Life and death

“Remember, you are dust, and to dust you shall return.” Genesis 3:19

As a family we pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet a few times each week as our evening prayers, so we understand the beauty and power in the mercy of Our Lord and call upon this gift often.  It becomes especially meaningful when we have a specific person to pray for... either someone near death or someone who has recently died.  This past weekend, we attended the burial of my Grandpa Morris and will continue prayers for his soul.  And, the next day, we celebrated the 66th Wedding Anniversary of my Grandma and  Grandpa Hamerlinck - who live in a nursing home and their health is slowly declining as well.   Up until a couple years ago, I was blessed to have all four of my grandparents living and them being involved in mine and my family's lives.  And, I have to say again, what a HUGE blessing it was!  My sweet Grandma Morris passed away a year-and-a-half ago.  And, her husband, my grandfather, gave out his last breath in this life just last Thursday night.  I try my best to visit my grandparents (in the nursing home) often, because I don't know when they will be called to their true home.   

Will you join me in prayer for all of them??

Diving Mercy Chaplet for my Grandpa Morris' soul...
Grandpa Morris

And, also a prayer for a peaceful passing for my Grandma and Grandpa Hamerlinck when they are called to their true home...
 


PRAYER FOR A HAPPY DEATH 
O Blessed Joseph, you gave your last breath in the loving embrace of Jesus and Mary. When the seal of death shall close Grandpa and Grandma Hamerlinck's life, come with Jesus and Mary to aid them. Obtain for them this solace for that hour - to die with their holy arms around them. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I commend their soul, living and dying, into your sacred arms. Amen.



If you haven't heard this song yet, be sure to listen to it.  We've been listening to it a lot in our house the past week. 



Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners 
now and at the hour of our death.  Amen!  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...