Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween 2012

It's so hard to believe it's the beginning of November!  We have had a super busy past week - a trilogy of celebrating 3 special days - Halloween (All Hallow's Eve), All Saints Day, and All Souls Day. 

Last week, the kids trick-or-treated in their character costumes both at the nursing home - where my Grandma lives - and then on the actual night of Halloween - to some neighbors, grandparents and aunts/uncles. 

Here are pictures of the fun celebrations....

Nursing Home Visit

Our 2012 cast of trick-or-treaters...  "The Shadow" (Mario), Ninja (Max), Princess Leia - the NEWEST Disney princess (Melody), The Mad Catter (Ariel), Baby Frankie (Pookey), and Fone as himself (thinks he's is too old to trick-or-treat these days)


 My Grandma and I

 My sister and her oldest and youngest (I wasn't able to catch her middle son without a big blur)

2 of my nephews and 2 of my nieces


Neil and crew making his way through the halls over to Grandma and I


Continuing on down the hall to other residents


 My grandma with a whole crowd of great-grandchildren....  my 3 sisters and I were there with our children and I think I also counted 4 other cousins who brought their children.  
My Grandma is sure blessed to have so many little visitors! 


Halloween Night




And, just to add a little history on the trilogy of these days of celebration, here are a few links worth reading....

Catholic Culture's-  History of All Hallow's Eve

Catholic Sista's- Of Ghosts, Goblins and Birthdays

Catholic Exchange- All Saints Day article
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...