Monday, December 9, 2013

Signs of Advent

We are now in our second week of Advent and are in the midst of this beautiful time of preparation for the birth of Christ.  Here is a peek into our home and all the "signs of Advent"....


(I love how it takes votives, which are so easy to find, and I can easily change out the scents.  I found the above link on amazon, but bought ours from our local Religious Supply company many years ago)




THE song
We sing this every time we light our wreath.  
 (thanks to Elizabeth Foss for sharing it years ago)


Our Jesse Tree and new ornaments


Advent devotionals 
(we have also used Jotham's Journey and Destination: Bethlehem in the past.  Both are wonderful - we just like to switch things up a bit.)


 Advent Lego calendar
(there are so many to choose from!)


Baby Jesus missing from our Nativity sets
(one is the Playmobil set and the other is an Isabel Bloom.  My wonderful husband gave me once piece each year for until I had the whole Isabel Bloom set!  I treasure this set!!)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...