Monday, July 21, 2014

Answer Me This (my first stab at it!!)

This is my first "Answer Me This" blog link-up at Catholic All Year.  I was supposed to answer six questions to share a little bit about myself.  Easy enough, eh?  Here's my sharing....


1. What’s something you've won and how did you win it?

I won a family Weight Loss Challenge that my sisters, brothers-in-law, and husband took part in a couple years ago - I wish I could say it was because I exercised a ton and lost a lot of weight, BUT I only lost like 6 pounds but I kept it off, unlike others who lost and gained and lost and gained.  

But most importantly, I won this guy's heart and that is all by God's grace and blessings.....  

Out of all the gals in the world, for some strange reason *I* won his heart and have kept it all these years!!   Fourteen years of marriage and going strong!!  Love you, baby!!!  Happy birthday today!!!  


2. Do you save old greeting cards and letters, or throw them all away? Why?
Yeah, I am a saver...  for now, I am keeping birthday cards and bind them together in a very simple way.  Each kiddo has their own plastic tub where a packet of their school stuff and birthday cards go in each year.  Neil and I have one plastic tub for birthday cards and Mother's Day/Father's Day cards the kids give us too.  Everything else gets tossed after it has hung up on a door or hallway for a month of two (or til the next bday).  


3. When you’re at home, do you wear shoes, socks, slippers, or go barefoot?
Summer - barefoot
Winter - slippers or socks


4. Who’s the most famous person you have ever met? 
Donna Marie Cooper O'Boyle, Johnettte Benkovic, Danielle Bean, Ralph Covert/Ralph's World (sings THE best kids' music!!!), and most importantly, Our Lord Jesus every time I go to Mass and adoration


5. What has been your best work of art?
A work of art is a creation, right??  Two things come to mind - my blog is a creation of our memories and my gift to my family -AND-  I have been blessed as a momma to co-create 7 beautiful children (8 come October).  THEY are my BEST "works of art", I would most definitely say....




6.  What’s your strongest sense?
Hee hee, I am pretty talented and gifted (or as my husband would tease me 'hyper-sensitive")  in three of the senses....  

***I SMELL things first, well before anyone else, and even things that don't exist (in the middle of the night - "honey, I smell smoke")

***the sense of TOUCH is super strong in me too - I can feel the tiniest crumb or sticky spot on my feet and I hate to go barefoot outside

***I am ultra-sensitive to the sense of HEARING as well (again in the middle of the night, I hear every creak or groan or cough or bang, etc.... - especially sounds that don't even exist)


*****************************************************************************************


If you wanna take part with this fun link-up, click on the image below....







2 comments:

  1. I think the hearing has to be a mama thing. I used to be able to sleep through anything. But not anymore!

    Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeppers! Those precious kiddos make us mamma's light sleepers, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...