Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Daybook: January Edition

FOR TODAY:
Join me today to take a "little look into the day plans and thoughts of those who are focusing on simplicity...beauty of the everyday moments."
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
 
 

Outside my window...
It is sunny and cold right now, with a temperature of -1 and windchills around -20 and -30 degrees.  Brrrrrr!!

I am thinking...
a lot about Cursillo plans and menu's.  What a huge undertaking my sisters, mother and I have taken on, but a great blessing.  We love to be with each other, we love to cook together, and we love to serve God together - so chairing the kitchen for the next two years just seemed like our next calling together. 

I am thankful...
for "closed doors" and "newly opened windows" and how God always take care of us.  Two changes in our lives happening soon!  

In the kitchen...
wassail, of course!!!  Great warm drink on a chilly day!  And the smell is amazing!!  
 

I am wearing...
some cutsie slippers that one of my sisters gave me for Christmas, and you kind of see my reflection in the picture above (jeans and a pink thermal shirt!).  
 
 

I am creating...
my first ever "daybook" post (the post you are reading!!).  I've always admired and enjoyed reading others' daybook posts.  I have now joined the club.  
 
I don't ever want to forget...
*this cute chubby baby
*that I really was once taller than Fone, although for not much longer
*the cute way Pookey talks - soft voice and a growl-like sound sometimes at the end of his sentences (so hard to explain, but the cutest thing ever!) 

I am going...
to stay home ALL day where it's warm. 

I am wondering...
how to balance being a good wife, a good mom, and a good friend.  I am failing with at least one of these consistently....

I am reading...
The Mysterious Benedict Society as a read-a-loud to the kids (such a great series of books!!!) 
33 Days to Morning Glory  for myself, and also attending a weekly retreat meeting on this
....and countless other books that I have started and will someday finish.  In God's perfect timing, right?

I am hoping...
to continue to work on my New Years Resolutions to become the best version of myself.  Have been failing in many areas this past week, and need to step it up a notch. 

I am looking forward to...
going to Circa 21 Dinner Playhouse this weekend to celebrate the birthdays of two special ladies in my life - my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law.  They are not only wonderful relatives, but great friends!  How blessed I am to have them in my life!!  The current show is Buddy Holly, and I've heard rave reviews!  Super excited!!  
 
 I am learning...
how to turn to Mary more and trust her with my sacrifices, prayers, and acts of love.  She will present them to her Son in the best and most beautiful way possible.

Around the house...
Rose is walking all over the place and getting into everything. We need to do some more child-proofing - as she puts everything in her mouth. 
 
In the schoolroom....
Full day today at the Young Family Academy even though the public schools are cancelled all around us due to the dangerous wind chills.  This was the third week that our kids took part in a little extra learning outside the house - a sweet mom with 18 years of homeschooling experience is teaching them Latin, Creative Writing, and History once a week.  These were the subjects that I either am clueless on or have no passion for at all.  God provided though with this wonderful opportunity and I'm excited to see where it takes us!  


 

I am pondering...
the sacredness of life and all the little lives around me.  Yesterday was the March for Life, and always a good time to reflect and ponder on where we are in our society, how we got there, and what to do to improve.  Gosh - we definitely have a long way to go when it comes to the value of life.  How blessed I am to be a mom, and to have these little people to keep me focused on what is important - dying to self daily so that they/we can rise together. 

A favorite quote for today...
"My dear, dear brothers, our dear little, little mother, the Immaculate Mary, can do anything for us. We are her children. Turn to her. She will overcome everything."
~St. Maximilian Kolbe

One of my favorite things...
walking in and finding the kids playing so nicely with each other - will never tire of this!! Always such a grace-filled moment.  

 

A peek into my day...
Rose "filling and spilling" and Pookey "building a tree" and he let Rose "chop it down".....

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...